Monday, July 21, 2008

The Dark Knight

This is a quick notice to the two people that read this. I will be doing a review of The Dark Knight tonight or early tomorrow. I will be watching it at the Imax tonight and I am oh so excited. From what I have read and from what I have heard, Heath Ledger does an insane job of doing The Joker. It is going to be hard to beat the over the top Jack Nicholson rendition. But there are several differences between these two movies. The orginal Batman came out and it was great. It was somewhat dark yet exciting and funny and it had everything that a movie should have. Michael Keaton does a great job at being Batman and Bruce Wayne. Jack Nicholson should have won an Oscar for his performance as Joker. I love Batman and I can say that movie word for word. When Batman Begins came out, I was eagerly waiting to see what different writers and directors did with the story and they did not disappoint. Christopher Nolan, director of The Dark Knight and Batman Begins, is the new Tim Burton, director of the first two Batman's. Tim Burton also did A Nightmare before Christmas and more recently, Sweeney Todd. But fortunately for the public and all of us in general these two directors have their own style and have done a great job with movies. I am anxious to see the movie tonight. But know this, it will be dug into with a fine tooth comb because I am a huge fan of Batman. My review will not be bias at all! So see ya'll later!

0 comments: